NEWS

Toddler Dies After Accidentally Being Left In Hot Car For 8 Hours

19/06/2014 13:00 | Updated 20 June 2014

A 22-month-old boy has died after he was accidentally left strapped in his car seat inside an SUV all day.

Temperatures in Atlanta, Georgia topped 90 degrees on Wednesday when the tragic incident occurred.

toddler dies in hot car

The toddler's father desperately tried to revive his son when he realised what had happened

Pierce said the man was on his way home when he realised the little boy was still in the vehicle.

Dale Hamilton witnessed the man stopping his car across two lanes of traffic and attempting to revive his son.

He told KPHO: “He pulled him out of the car seat, laid him on the ground and was trying to resuscitate him.

SEE ALSO:

The channel says the man had to be restrained by police as he was so distraught. Though charges have not yet been filed, he could face a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Within 10 minutes of being inside a closed vehicle, temperatures can rise an average of 19 degrees, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Suggest a correction
Comments

CONVERSATIONS