Easy and quick to make in advance, these are the perfect crowd pleasers for your summer barbecue.
For the lamb koftas
500g lamb mince
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tsp ground coriander
For the yoghurt dip
250g Greek yoghurt
150g cucumber, chopped 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
1/2 lemon, zest only
1. If you're using wooden skewers soak in water for at least 30 minutes before putting the meat on them to prevent them catching fire on the barbecue.
2. In a large bowl put all the ingredients for the lamb koftes and combine using your hands to manipulate the mixture.
3. Then bring the mixture together in your hands to form 8 equal-sized sausage shapes and thread one on to each skewer, pressing around it to get a snug fit.
4. Lay on a dish, cover with cling film and chill for at least an hour before you use them to allow them to firm up.
5. Meanwhile make the yoghurt tip by mixing together all the ingredients until well combined. Transfer into an attractive serving dish, cover with clingfilm and chill until needed.
6. Cook the lamb koftas on the barbecue for 10 minutes, turning carefully half way through until cooked.
Serve with the yoghurt, mint and cucumber dip.
Click on the banner below for more delicious and easy summer recipes.
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more