"A quick, tasty teatime favourite," says Madhouse Cookbook author and mum-of-two Jo Pratt. "Sweet chilli salmon with colourful and crunchy stir-fry vegetable"
For time-pressed parents, this simple dish can be prepared ahead of the school run in next to no time, popped into the fridge and then pulled out later to cook. There's also very little washing up afterwards, which is always a bonus.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time:15 - 20 minutes
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
4 salmon fillets, skinned, about 150g each
400g fresh stir fry vegetables
4 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
8 tbsp rice wine
4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
250g - 300g dried egg noodles
20g Gold from Flora
Small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 lime, cut into quarters
Crusty sesame-seeded bread, spread with Gold from Flora
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Place a baking sheet in the oven to pre-heat.
2. Put 50g Gold from Flora in a small bowl and mix together with the garlic and ginger. Spread equal amounts over the top of each salmon fillet.
3. Tear four long sheets of foil each measuring approximately 30cm by 60cm. Fold in half to give you a square and seal two of the edges by folding/scrunching together, giving you a parcel with one open edge. Repeat until you have four parcels.
4. Divide the mixed vegetables between the four parcels, cutting any thicker vegetables such as baby corn or baby carrots in half or quarters first, to ensure even cooking.
5. Sit a salmon fillet on top of the vegetables in each parcel then pour over the rice wine, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Seal the top of the parcels, making sure there are no gaps for any steam to escape. Then place on the pre-heated baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
6. In the meantime, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and immediately toss in the 20g Gold by Flora, which will melt over the noodles.
7. Remove the parcels from the oven and split each one open directly onto plates. Scatter with fresh coriander and serve with the hot noodles. For added flavour, serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over and a side of the sesame-seeded bread.
Find more recipes hint and tips at www.goldfromflora.com.
More on Parentdish
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more