Seriously, people. This is getting out of hand now.
Recently, we brought you the story of a Seattle man who set fire to his house when he tried to kill a spider with a homemade blowtorch.
And now? Now, a woman in Bridgend, Wales, has done the same thing. She apparently asked a neighbour for help to get rid of a spider - and using the Seattle man's tactic of spraying said spider with an aerosol and then setting light to it, they proceeded to cause a house fire.
As the Head of South Wales Fire & Rescue Service's Fire Control tweeted:
Crews have just attended a fire in a house Kenfig Hill because the resident sprayed a spider with an aerosol and then set it alight 11:57— Jennie Griffiths (@GriffithsJECtrl) August 6, 2014
And as South Wales Fire Service then reminded us:
When attempting to remove spiders from properties, please dont use lit aerosols. #SWControl NR— SW Fire & Rescue (@SWFireandRescue) August 6, 2014
You'll be glad to know that nobody was hurt in the incident. Although there's still no word on the spider...Suggest a correction