Getting a healthy glow is one of the many perks of going on holiday... until it starts to fade.
Want to know how to maintain your sun tan this summer? We asked Jules Heptonstall, St.Tropez's skin finishing expert and celebrity tanner, for his advice on how to prolong your tan.
Here are his top tips:
1. Firstly it's important to remember, the higher the SPF you use, the deeper your end tan will be. By opting for an SPF 30 or 50 sunscreen, not only will it take you longer to tan, but your natural tan will last longer.
2. Nothing worse than losing your holiday tan – but luckily with a little help from the world of self-tan you can keep the glow going for longer. Start using St.Tropez Gradual Tan Moisturiser for body in Medium to Dark two days before your holiday comes to an end. Use it like a moisturiser, apply all over and on each application your colour will gradually build into a gorgeous golden glow. Use on alternate days and keep your rich golden hue going for longer.
3. If you're flying long haul and want to deepen your tan before you arrive back home – take a St.Tropez Self Tan Mousse 50ml away with you and tan the night before you fly back so that you've got a super deep tan to return home with and everyone will think it's all natural.
4. On the days where you're not using Gradual Tan on your body to hydrate and add extra colour, lock in moisture with a rich body butter to maintain your tan – I like aloe vera based body butters as they cool the skin and reduce the chance of peeling.
5. The tan your face fades extremely quickly as your skin cell renewal cycle on the face is more rapid than your body. Also, if you're washing your face twice a day or exfoliating your tan will fade quicker too. To maintain a golden glow on your face, spray your face every night after your holiday with St.Tropez Self Tan Spray – the spray covers the whole face with a light mist of tan to give a subtle natural looking tan.
MORE SUMMER BEAUTY!