Sure, you love fashion. But did you know how big the fashion and textiles industry in the UK actually is? Here's 10 need-to-know facts about our most stylish sector...
1. It employs and champions loads of women! 70 a year in the last decade and currently sit between £2.5 and £2.9 billion.
6. The supply and manufacturing side of the UK fashion and textiles sectors makes £11.8 billion a year AND makes up for 79,000 businesses and 340,000 jobs.
7. Wages in the UK fashion education sector reached £16 million in 2009.
8. It takes British creativity all over the world. Fore example, a record 321 British womenswear, accessory and shoe designers exhibited in Paris during March 2014 as part of Paris Fashion Week.
9. We want what it has to offer. British shoppers spend almost £55 billion a year on the high street.
10. The UK is the third-largest fashion employer in the EU surpassed only by Italy and Germany.
Sources: The 'Value of the UK Fashion Industry' report commissioned by the British Fashion Council, TheManufacturer.com, UK Fashion and Textile Association.
MyDaily is incredibly proud to be the media partner for the 2014 NatWest UK Fashion & Textile Awards. As far as fashion gigs go, this awards ceremony - taking place Thursday 22 May - has fast become a high profile event showcasing the fabulous British fashion industry.
Not only is the UKFT's president HRH The Princess Royal but Hilary Alexander will be chairing the panel of judges at this year's awards ceremony.
Team MyDaily will be reporting live on the night so follow us on Twitter @MyDailyUK for all updates!
Win Tickets To The Natwest UK Fashion & Textile Awards 2014 Plus £250 BrandAlley Vouchers