Paul Frangie - the chef behind This Dude Knows Food - shows us how to give classic pancakes a tasty twist.
Makes: 6 pancakes
1 ripe banana
2 tbsp coconut flour
Pinch of salt
Toasted coconut flakes
Ghee, coconut oil or light olive oil
1. Using a kitchen processor, mix/blend the eggs, ripe banana, coconut flour and salt together. If not using a kitchen processor, mash the banana in a bowl using a fork, then add the eggs and beat well. Add the coconut flour and pinch of salt and whisk again with a fork.
2. Heat a frying pan on medium high and add a teaspoon of ghee/oil.
3. Pour a small amount of batter into the frying pan (around the size of your palm), making around six evenly sized pancakes in total.
4. Fry each pancake on one side. Once cooked carefully flip the pancake using a spatula and fry on other side until light brown colour.
5. Remove and stack the pancakes on plate (cover with a bowl to keep warm).
6. Garnish pancakes with toasted coconut flakes, blueberries and a drizzle of honey. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Fairtrade Fortnight 'Stick With Foncho to Make Bananas Fair' .
More pancake recipes on Parentdish:
Strawberry, toasted almond and caramel pancakes
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more