Long-haul flights should be full of excitement - particularly when you're embarking on a trip of a lifetime to somewhere hot and exotic.
The downside? Sitting on a plane for hours on end is uncomfortable, boring and it plays havoc with your skin.No one wants to arrive at their dream destination looking how they feel (tired, dehydrated and confused about the time), so we asked Noella Gabriel - the product and treatment development director at Elemis - to share her top skincare tips for surviving long-haul flights.
- Always take off your makeup before you travel and avoid drinking coffee and alcohol. This will keep skin super moisturised and hydrated.
- Remember to move! To maintain a rosy complexion, take regular short walks around the cabin. This will stimulate the blood circulation and prevent you from feeling bloated.
- Pack a few of your favourite travel-sized skincare products to apply mid-flight to keep skin plump and hydrated before landing. Elemis Cellular Skin Bliss Capsules are particularly good for giving skin a nourishing boost, plus the lavender capsules are great for encouraging relaxation when you need to sleep. Try the rose capsules to refresh and replenish the complexion on arrival - you want to start your much deserved holiday with a gorgeous glow!
- Cooling eye gel is also a skincare essential. It will instantly cool and refresh the delicate eye area while helping to combat dehydration and puffiness, a common side effect of long-haul travel.
- If your skin feels really dehydrated, use a mask with a rich and creamy formula. This will help to condition and smooth skin after spending hours on a plane.
Does all of this sound like a lot of work when you're supposed to be on holiday? If so, add a few of these skin-boosting foods to your pre-holiday diet:
MORE BEAUTY TIPS!