Police in America say an eight-year-old boy may have died after suffering an allergic reaction to milk.
The little boy died after having a heart attack on April 7. His worried mum had dialled 911 to report he was having trouble breathing as she travelled with him and her two other children on Route 27 in Monmouth County, New Jersey.
When police arrived at the scene, the child was still having respiratory problems and went into cardiac arrest.
Officers gave him CPR before the emergency services arrived to take him to the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro, but he was pronounced dead.
Police told the Sentinel newspaper that the family had visited a coffee shop after attending church that morning. The boy's mother said he had a milk allergy, and that she feared he may have accidentally ingested milk at some point during their stop off.
The police said the child's death is now being investigated by the Middlesex County Medical Examiner.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more