It's the end of the series! We have a winner! And here's the funniest seven moments of the finale. It's been, er, mind-blowing, says Will Gore
If you are still reading this blog after 12 weeks of Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model then give yourself a pat on the back. You've done it. You've survived. Other viewers may have deserted us for Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or Don't Tell the Bride, but you, dear reader, have shown great loyalty, if very little sense. So, well done for that.
What with all the snapping and constant footage of shampoo bottles, there's been little time for much else to get enthused about. Also, the fact that last night's winner, Lauren, has been a shoe-in for victory since the very first episode has also rendered the build up of any kind of tension nigh on impossible.
2. Thankfully, we were treated to an original piece of Minogue idiocy too. As the judges weighed up Emma's chances of winning, Dannii came out with the kind of gloriously meaningless waffle that has become her trademark. "Everything about her that's wrong that's right," she said. Tyson and Elle, as usual, smiled and moved swiftly on.
3. To be fair to Dannii, Elle has spouted regular amounts of rubbish too, and last night's summation of Emma's looks, "She has a face like a lion or Marlon Brando", was a perfect example.
4. Emma's Brando/lion face provided another moment of mirth. As Lauren's picture appeared on the big screen to announce her victory, Emma's sulky, "I'm going to punch everyone" expression was a joy to behold. You can take the girl out of Yorkshire, etc.
5. After last week's star turn from self-proclaimed "fashion guru" Kingsley Thorne, another brilliantly named clothes expert, Rodney Powers, put the models through their paces prior to the catwalk show. As Lauren strode down the strip in trainers, he shouted, "wrong shoes wrong shoes wrong shoes wrong shoes", like a BINTM robot gone rogue. The camp head-slap as Emma did her walk was superb, too.
6. "She's making love to the camera". I've been waiting 13 weeks for this cliché to be uttered. In the nick of time, Elle obliged, during Sarah's photo session by the pool.
7. And finally, the highlight of the whole series came close to the very end of last night's show. A dancer carrying two full trays of drinks took to the catwalk and limboed her way under a stick of bamboo suspended very low to the ground. I'm talking lower than Piers Morgan's capacity for good. The trays remained flat, the drinks remained unspilt. I'm not sure watching wannabe models having their pictures taken for weeks on end makes for great watching, but a woman limboing with two trays of drinks? Now that's entertainment.
LOVE THIS WRITER? Follow him on Twitter @WillGore.
Read Will's week-by-week account of Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model, series seven, here.
More:Have You Seen?
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more