Us ladies KNOWINGLY buy shoes and dresses that don't fit, according to a new poll. And you know what? I'm one of the many and I know I buy the wrong size, so there.
Fashion e-tailer Zalando conducted a survey which found that 40% of 2000 women asked admitted to buying the wrong size (too big and too small) in favour of what looks "pretty".I'm a girl who likes her clothes oversized as well as over the top. I like to mix my style up - think scrappy-smart. It's a thing, I promise you, and sticking to my actual size would look seriously lame.
Here's five reasons why I always opt for a bigger size when it comes to fashion...
1. Who wants underwear so tight it gives you:
a) Bum cleavage
b) Fertility issues
2. Slouchy's a trend. Stella McCartney said so...
3. Skin-tight and bodycon are too ruddy restrictive when it comes to busting out my (gin-fuelled) smooth-as-you-like Gene Kelly moves (*COUGHS*...MJ Moonwalk)
4. You know that thing when you take off your jeans and have crease marks down your legs? THAT.
5. If you're down with a baggy cut, the boyfriend t-shirt (as in he bought it, you steal it) can be an actual thing, not just a Gap marketing trick. Look, we're probably still in a recession - I'll take free fashion where I can find it.