Even if you're a total clean freak, wires can easily mess up your home. With so many phone chargers, laptop plugs and USB cables to keep track of, you'll probably find them turning up everywhere. Yes, they're essential to stay plugged-in, but you can make them look a lot prettier. Rosie and Hannah from The New Craft Society share their top tip for transforming wires with washi tape below:
Washi tape is one of our all time favourite crafting supplies. It's so versatile and easy to use; it sticks to practically any surface and comes off without leaving a mark. For this project we decided to use the tape to brighten up the various wires we have out on display all the time. Wires are a fact of modern life but they don't have to be dull and ugly! Adding tape in this way also helps to distinguish between different wires easily and prevents complicated tangles. This really is a quick project taking just a couple of minutes - try it out!
You will need:
Washi tape - we used Scotch expressions which has a useful waterproof finish but you can pick up tapes with amazing prints and colours everywhere.
You need to:
- Simply wrap your tape around your wires any way you like.
- Make sure you overlap the ends to create a strip without any wire peeking through.
- Smooth down the ends well to also prevent the edges from coming unstuck.
- We did a single wrap at intervals down the whole wire but you can try out lots of different patterns.
- Try cutting the tape to make thinner strips or even cover the whole wire with tape. Have fun experimenting!