Firefighters Rescue Toddler Stuck In Restaurant Highchair

14/08/2014 16:53 | Updated 22 May 2015

Firefighters rescue toddler stuck in restaurant highchair

What should have been a fun mummy-and-me lunch for a toddler and her mum ended with a emergency-services call to an Ontario restaurant last weekend.

The fire brigade were summoned after the girl became stuck in a highchair at the restaurant.

The little girl was said to have been left 'kicking and screaming' after her mum realised she was trapped in the seat.

The emergency services attended the scene at around 5pm.

Officers had to dismantle the chair to free the toddler, who was said have have been between one and two years old.

"I think the child was a little too big for the seat," platoon chief Joe May told the Toronto Sun. "She was kicking and screaming, but otherwise there was no issues."

He said his team were on the scene for six minutes, and that the child was fine after her ordeal.

Sounds funny - but can you IMAGINE how panicked you'd be as a parent?


Suggest a correction