A 14-year-old boy had to be rescued by firefighters after he became stuck in an industrial chimney.
A specialist rope rescue team was among several crews called out after the teenager was lodged in a bend in the 7-metre (23ft) high structure.
The team had to cut away part of the brickwork surrounding the boy before they could get into the chimney and pull him out.
It isn't clear what he was doing in the chimney in the first place.
The accident happened at commercial premises in Carluke, North Lanarkshire, on Wednesday evening.
The teenager was treated at the scene by an ambulance crew before being taken to hospital for a precautionary check.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: "Initial attempts were made to rescue the youth from both the top and bottom of the chimney. However, these proved unsuccessful due to his position within the chimney.
"This meant that the only possible way to release him was to remove brickwork and gain access to the chimney flue. "
This was a delicate operation which had to be carried out carefully and methodically with hand tools and specialist rescue equipment to prevent any further injury to the youth and to ensure that the stability of the building was not compromised."
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more