If you love mince pies but you'd rather try something different (and a little bit healthier) this year, these are the Christmas treats for you.
Kate from What Kate Baked shares the recipe to one of her favourite mince pie alternatives below - mincemeat filo crackers. They're just as delicious and super easy to make at home.
Ingredients (makes 14-18 crackers):
Six sheets (approx 45g per sheet) filo pastry
100g melted butter
150g grated marzipan
Zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp brandy (optional)
Icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) mark 6 and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. Unwrap the filo pastry and cut each sheet into rectangles approximately 12cm x 10cm in size. Cover the pastry with clingfilm and a damp tea towel to prevent from drying out when not in use.
3. Place the mincemeat, grated marzipan, zest and booze into a bowl and gently mix together.
4. Lay out a rectangle of pastry on a clean, dry work surface. Lightly brush with melted butter, then lay two more rectangles of pastry on top. Brush the top pastry sheet with butter.
5. Place a spoonful of the mincemeat filling in the centre of each sheet. Roll up the pastry and gently twist the ends to form the cracker. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the pastry and filling.
6. Brush all crackers with a little more butter to ensure a nice golden colour and bake for 15 minutes until crisp and golden. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
How To Make Fig and Banana Bread
How To Make The Best Mac And Cheese
How To Make Mulled Cider
How To Make Green Juice