No British high street would be complete without Marks & Spencer and this season it's got it SO right, you're going to want everything.
With classic staples to see you through Autumn and Winter (coats, scarves, knitwear), a new Best of British collection plus a lingerie collaboration with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, M&S is the shop to go to for on-trend essentials and one-off statement pieces.
Need some help with what to look for in the high street's biggest store? Here's what we found out from those in the know at the brand itself...
1. What day does new stock tend to arrive in stores?
Stock arrives throughout the week into M&S stores but when we have large seasonal drops of collections they tend to happen on a Thursday, so that's the best time to visit if you are keen to see the new pieces first.
2. I've got £50, what should I invest in from your A/W collection?
There are so many things to choose from in our new AW13 collection and a large drop for autumn has just hit stores. Here are some ideas on what to invest in, all under £50:
3. If something sells out do you make more?We will sometimes repeat styles which have proved popular with our customers. For example the M&S Collection cutaway collar cocoon coat was originally in stores back in January, but as our customers loved the style so much, we have reintroduced it for this autumn - it's the perfect transitional coat.
4. Are some branches more specialised than others? i.e., are some better for shoes/accessories/ evening dresses?
We focus on ensuring a good all round mix of product in each of our stores, although the bigger stores will tend to a wider selection. The flagship store in London at Marble Arch also has exclusive products you might not find in our other stores - for example the Autograph check midi dress but the good news is that the complete range of all our products can be found on marksandspencer.com.
5. How are clothes sized?
Our clothes come in standard womenswear sizes and all of our pieces are available in sizes 8-22.
6. Roughly when do your sales happen?
We have a big sale at the end of the year after Christmas, a mid season sale around March, a summer sale in July and another mid-season sale in October.
7. What's your returns policy?
Customers are asked to provide proof of purchase - either a receipt for items bought in store or a parcel summary document for items bought online.
Unwanted items can be returned for exchange or full refund provided they are returned within 35 days of purchase with a valid receipt or parcel summary document.
If items are returned with an expired receipt or parcel summary document or without any receipt, we will offer a credit receipt or exchange to the value of the last known selling price.
Items should be returned to a UK store (except Simply Foods and Outlet stores) or for items bought online, customers should post it back to M&S using the label provided. Postage is free from UK addresses.