Want to make your Christmas table look amazing? Rosie and Hannah from The New Craft Society share their embroidered napkins how to below:
• One plain napkin, this can be any colour
• Embroidery thread
• Fabric pencil
• One needle
You need to:
1. First you'll need to pick your design. I went for a simple Christmas tree but your design could be anything, including words. A holly leaf, bells, snowflake or 'Merry Christmas' would all look great.
2. Lightly draw your design on to your napkin using a fabric pencil. This is not a vital step, but it definitely is helpful when it comes to stitching. Don't worry if you can see it around your design, fabric pencils will rub off or will come out in the wash.
3. Tie a knot in one end of your thread and start sewing (starting on the underneath so that your knot is not visible.) To create a continuous line you will need to do a back stitch and for the broken line just a basic running stitch. Try to keep this as neat as you can on the back too, so that it's not too messy when you turn it over.
4. To finish, stitch over your thread twice and tie a small knot. Trim off any excess thread.