Rosie and Hannah started The New Craft Society in 2013. From knitting to pottery, their crafts blog features inspiration and instructions for all levels, plus a very handy Mates Treats section for brilliant gift ideas. For their first how to, the girls share their guide to making festive star decorations below:
• A star template
• Fabric - we've used Liberty Tana Lawn in 'Eliza's'
1. Using a star template, cut out two stars in your fabric with a 1cm seam allowance.
2. Pin them right sides together with your ribbon (folded to form a loop) sandwiched facing inwards between the two fabric layers.
3. Machine stitch around the stars, including over your loop, leaving a gap to stuff the stars through.
4. Trim and snip your seams inwards – this allows the fabric to bend and curve easily.
5. Turn your star right side out making sure you push each arm fully out without pushing through the stitches.
6. Stuff your star through the gap.
7. Hand stitch the gap up using a needle and thread and ensuring you turn the raw edges inwards.