Being a mum is a pretty big gig, and yet there are those who make it look a total breeze. The super-mums, the cool mums. So in honour of the leading ladies in our life here's 10 of our all time favourite onscreen mums ahead of Mother's Day...
1. Sally Field as M'Lynn Eatenton in Steel Magnolias is just incredible in every way. THAT scene (you know the one) - we have never cried so hard.
You know that Dolly Parton stars in this flick too, right? Classic.
2. Susan Sarandon as Marmee in Little Women... Louisa May Alcott's novel made into a 1994 American film with Sarandon mothering the likes of Winona Ryder and Claire Danes - it doesn't get better than this.
3. Mrs. Jumbo in Dumbo... Mamma circus elephant defends her young in rage and is locked away leaving baby Dumbo to fend for himself with Timothy Q Mouse. Total tear-jerker but it's the happiest ending ever.
4. Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich... Bad ass single mum of three winds up working at a lawyer firm and totally bringing in the monies. She's also brings home a hot biker type in leathers. *Wants to be her*
5. Cher as Rachel, "Mrs. Flax", in Mermaids... THIS PICTURE.
6. Julie Andrews as Maria in The Sound of Music... Ok, so she starts out as governess to seven kids but soon falls heavy for Captain von Trapp and, after escaping the Nazis, the happy brood hike across the Alps.
Best bit? When Maria reels in Liesl von Trapp with a little 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' session.
7. Donna Reed as Mary Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life... Come on, George Bailey loses the plot and attempts suicide before reviewing his life with guardian angel, Clarence - it's Mary who holds it ALL together.
8. Both Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon as Isabel Kelly and Jackie Luke Harrison in Stepmom equally. When it comes to these ladies, we've only got love.
That scene when the two meet up, make up and tear up in the restaurant floors us every time.
9. THE Marge Simpson (voiced by Julie Kavner) of The Simpsons... the voice, the blue hair, the patience of a saint - Marge is without a doubt the best TV mom that ever was.
10. Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha in Bewitched... an American TV comedy/fantasy show from way back when (the 1960s) where young witch meets mortal man, has baby and lives in spellbinding suburban bliss. Sort of.
Need a little Mother's Day shopping inspiration? Check out our gift guide below...