A young mum has told of her terror as she dangled 200ft above the ground when a fairground attraction broke mid-ride.
Darcy Gordon, 23, said she feared she was going to die when part of her seat broke off from the spinning chairs ride she was on at a Christmas festival.
She and her friend Chris Cardwell clung to the remaining portion of the Star Flyer ride as it continued to spin in St Andrew Square, Edinburgh.
Darcy said: "It was the scariest experience of my life but they were more concerned about getting me away. We had just got to the top when I felt the back of the seat come away. The ride kept on going, though, and we were clinging to the ropes at the side."
Darcy, from Motherwell, added: "I didn't want to lean back as I thought there was no back left.
"I was sure I was going to die – I was waiting for us to fall or fly off into a building or something."
Debris from the ride ricocheted off the roof of the ride's box office and hit the ground but did not hit anyone.
Darcy said she had little sympathy from staff after Friday's accident.
She said: "They just kept saying, 'Keep walking'. I couldn't move, I was in so much shock."
An Edinburgh's Christmas spokesman previously insisted: "At no point was the safety of customers jeopardised." Inspections have now declared the ride safe.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more