Research has revealed a 26-point list of tasks mums have to do before they even get out of the front door in the morning.
The survey found that amid all the usual morning mayhem of tantrums, accidents, and moody kids, mums still had to organise everything from packing school bags, to making breakfast and keeping track of all family's appointments for the day.
A worn out 85 of mums admitted to doing child-related tasks single-handedly.
The study found mums devote at least six hours and 45 minutes a day to their families.
THE BUSY MUM'S CHECKLIST
1. Brushing their teeth
2. Having clean uniforms ready
3. Remembering any doctor/ dentist/ opticians appointments
4. Getting the kids to school on time
5. Keeping on top of calendar dates classmates birthdays/ anniversaries/ important dates
7. Making kids' breakfast
8. Remembering lunch boxes/ dinner money
9. Making sure they have a good meal to come home to
10. Making sure the cupboards are stocked
11. Getting the children to bed on time so they are not tired in the morning
12. Making sure they actually eat their breakfast
13. Making sure they take a drink to school
15. Reading homework/ preparing kids for tests
16. If it is raining, making sure they have a rain coat
17. Remembering PE kit and other essentials
18. Permission slips
19. Remembering to brush the children's hair
20. Making sure they take their homework in to school
21. Putting sun cream on them before they go to school
22. Make sure they've gone to the toilet before getting in the car
23. Making sure the pets are fed
24. Keeping on top of uniform
25. Remembering afterschool clubs
26. Keeping on top of daily medications/ vitamins/ supplements
Probably not a surprise to most mums - but only 26 items? Bet we can add some more - what else do YOU have to do for the family each morning?
More on Parentdish: 50 things motherhood teaches you
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more