Who better to close New York Fashion Week than Marc Jacobs? The designer presented his Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Thursday evening - day ten of another brilliant week and a half of shows in the Big Apple.
1. Fringing is in. On boots, tops, bags, you name it - it's cool.
2. If you don't like wearing pretty pastel colours - Marc Jacobs has just saved you. The colour palette was packed with dark jewel tones on appliqued and embroidered fabrics.
3. Hate wearing heels? Jacobs sent his models down the runway in flat, calf-length boots that looked super comfy in comparison to the other platform sandals we've seen at the shows so far. Flats with maxi dresses? Expect to see the look everywhere next summer.
4. The hair - okay - the wigs must get a mention. Short, blunt bobs with chopped block fringes added an element of grunge to the Jacobs girl.
5. Jackets and jumpers are oversized and shorts are knee-length, or better yet, just wear trousers. In fact - you don't have to wear anything too summery at all.
See all the pics here: