Metallic makeup made it big on the Spring/Summer 2014 catwalks but with the festive season looming, now is the time when sparkling eyes and shimmering nails really come into their own.
1. Do try metallic eyes. It's the easiest way to experiment with the trend. Whether you want to go graphic as Pat McGrath did at Dior or you'd prefer to try something more subtle (add an eye glitter into the corners for a light dusting of sparkle) there are plenty of creams, powders and liners to play with this season. Find a texture and a colour that suits and prepare to make your eyes pop!
2. Don't wear a bright lip colour at the same time. Too much. If you're feeling really brave, avoid wearing mascara - it makes metallic eyes appear all the more alluring.
3. Do embrace metallic nail polish. Rose gold, emerald and silver are the shades to be seen in.
4. Don't do glittery nail art. Autumn/Winter 2013 is about keeping nails chic and simple.
5. Do have fun with lip gloss. Mac's Dazzlegloss range is perfect for this - the colours are strong and the sparkle is subtle but adds a high shine.
6. Don't go overboard. Only one item of metallic makeup at a time.
7. Do wear pastels. Golds and silvers are going to get you noticed, but a shimmering champagne colour or soft pastel pink will look understated and chic.
8. Don't wear body glitter. It's not the Nineties.
Got the high shine trend sussed? Shop our favourite metallic makeup below: