Even if you're not planning on lying on a sun-soaked beach at any point this summer, there's no reason you can't kick back with a cocktail. Especially when there are some super delicious drinks just waiting to be sampled.
And don't worry, there's no need to cough up a tenner a turn because we've found the yummiest tipples easy enough to knock up in your own
Scroll through the list and let us know which drinks tickle your fancy on Twitter at @MyDailyUK.
1. The Aperol Spritz. The perfect accompaniment to sand and sunshine, the Aperol Spritz is totally glamorous and easy to make. All you need is a large wine glass or tumblr - depending on where the mood takes you - and a few basic ingredients, most of which you probably already have at home.
- Soda water
- Orange peel
- Fill a glass with ice
- Pour in the prosecco (three parts) and the Aperol (two parts)
- Add a splash of soda (one part)
- Top off with a slice of orange
2. Malibu Pina Colada. Nothing says summer, sandy toes and "I've got the hot waiter's number written on this napkin" like a Pina Colada. This tipple is having a total resurgence and we're all on board for it. Pass the pineapple.
- 50ml Malibu
- 50ml pineapple juice
- Four pineapple chunks
- 15ml lime juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender
- Pour into a glass
- Garnish with pineapple chunks and serve
3. Martin Miller's G&T. Like a really posh gin and tonic but with basil and the fruit of the summer grapefruit! Convince your friends you've put in loads of effort when you've actually done the bare minimum in just four simple steps.
- Martin Miller's Gin
- 1-2 pink grapefruits
- Bunch of basil leaves
- Tonic water
- Pour 50ml Martin Miller's gin into a glass with 5 basil leaves and 3 pink grapefruit wedges
- Top with ice and pour in some Fever Tree tonic water
- Give the drink a stir
- Garnish with 2 pink grapefruit wedges and a basil leaf to finish
4. The Colony. Nothing is more on trend now than the prohibition cocktail and that's where this tangy number comes in. Made with grapefruit and gin this tipple is the ideal aperitif to your BBQ burgers and chicken skewers. Oh, and if you're not a fan of grapefruit just exchange it for a juice of your choice. Orange perhaps.
- Grapefruit juice
- Maraschino liqueur
- Mint leaves
- Sliced grapefruit
- Pour one part grapefruit and two parts gin into a glass
- Add a splash of maraschino liqueur
- Pour into a cocktail shaker and shake for 15 seconds
- Serve over ice and garnish with sliced grapefruit and mint leaves
See it made in action here...