You can now officially study Beyonce at university. Wow. We really don't know where to start with this one.
"Instead, the paper notes that Beyonce's oeuvre will be used [as a lens] to explore American race, gender, and sexual politics'.
"She certainly pushes boundaries," he added. "While other artists are simply releasing music, she's creating a grand narrative around her life, her career, and her persona."
While the American uni has yet to release a lesson plan, Vanity Fair has come up with a pretty comprehensive and hilarious syllabus...
- Turning The Lens On Ourselves: When The Only Source Is You (source material: Beyoncé's Life Is But A Dream HBO documentary)
- Curation In The Digital Age (And Which Filter To Choose To Elicit the Most Jealousy About Your Glam Life) (source material: Beyoncé's Instagram account)
- Phase Changes Explored: The Feasibility Of Drinking Watermelon (source material: the "Drunk in Love" music video)
- Punctuation, Feminism, And Bedhead: A Word-By-Word Breakdown of "**Flawless"* (source material: self-evident)
- Transience In The World Of Pop (source material: this clip in which a Destiny's Child-era Beyoncé dramatically coughs when Kelly Rowland says she's the "second lead vocalist of the group")
LOVE BEYONCE? But not too keen on taking a course all about her, then just study her style over the last decade in the gallery below...
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more