You can now officially study Beyonce at university. Wow. We really don't know where to start with this one.
"Instead, the paper notes that Beyonce's oeuvre will be used [as a lens] to explore American race, gender, and sexual politics'.
"She certainly pushes boundaries," he added. "While other artists are simply releasing music, she's creating a grand narrative around her life, her career, and her persona."
While the American uni has yet to release a lesson plan, Vanity Fair has come up with a pretty comprehensive and hilarious syllabus...
- Turning The Lens On Ourselves: When The Only Source Is You (source material: Beyoncé's Life Is But A Dream HBO documentary)
- Curation In The Digital Age (And Which Filter To Choose To Elicit the Most Jealousy About Your Glam Life) (source material: Beyoncé's Instagram account)
- Phase Changes Explored: The Feasibility Of Drinking Watermelon (source material: the "Drunk in Love" music video)
- Punctuation, Feminism, And Bedhead: A Word-By-Word Breakdown of "**Flawless"* (source material: self-evident)
- Transience In The World Of Pop (source material: this clip in which a Destiny's Child-era Beyoncé dramatically coughs when Kelly Rowland says she's the "second lead vocalist of the group")
LOVE BEYONCE? But not too keen on taking a course all about her, then just study her style over the last decade in the gallery below...