PARENTS

Toddler Drowned In Bath After Mum Became Distracted By Siblings

14/08/2014 17:00 | Updated 20 May 2015

Toddler drowned in bath

A toddler died in a bath after his mum became distracted by his siblings, an inquest has heard.

Paul Felix Dragon Carter-Young, who was nearly two, was found face down in the bath by mum Kelly Young at their home in Stacksteads, Lancashire, on April 10.

An ambulance was called to the house shortly before 9pm and the child was rushed to Royal Blackburn Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

PC Martin Hall, from the coroner's officer, said: "He was put in the bath by his mother Kelly Young.

"She has then become distracted by his siblings and has returned to find him lying face down in the bath. CPR was performed and the emergency services were called and he was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital."

A post-mortem examination was carried out at Royal Manchester Children's Hospital but no cause of death was offered. The inquest was adjourned for further toxicology reports.

A police spokesman said they were called to the house by the ambulance service at 8.55pm on April 10. At 9.30pm they were informed that Paul had died at Royal Blackburn Hospital.

A police spokesman said: "There are no suspicious circumstances. It appears to be just a very tragic accident."

More:

Toddlers
Suggest a correction