Michelle's low-set chignon was simple but chic and it only goes to prove that shorter tresses can be swept into classic updos just as easily as longer styles.
Want to try this look? Follow this step-by-step guide from Easton Regal hairstylist Holly Rose below:
1. Dry the hair with a strong hold mousse to create the ultimate updo texture.
2. Centre part the hair, smoothing the front sections with a soft bristle brush to create shine.
3. Divide the hair into three sections at the back.
4. Secure the middle section into a low chignon at the nape or tie into a low ponytail and wrap hair around and secure.
5. Take each section either side and loosely braid to create detail.
6. Distress each braid using your finger tips and wrap each braid around the chignon that's already in place and secure with hair pins.
7. Finish with a misting of hairspray and a final spritz of a shine spray for the ultimate red carpet finish.
MORE FROM THE EMMYS 2014!