If you haven't already heard of singer Ariana Grande, you soon will.
Her debut single The Way went straight to the top 10 of the Billboard chart, she won Best Pop Video at the 2014 MTV Music Video Awards and she stars alongside Jessie J and Nicki Minaj in the latest Beats by Dre advert. Not bad for a 21-year-old.
Here's 9 more things you need to know about Ariana...
1. She has almost the same vocal range as Mariah Carey, who has a staggering five octaves and two notes. While Ariana can't boast quite that many (she has four octaves to her range), her cover of Mariah Carey's 'Emotions' is still impressive.
2. She grew up in Boca Raton, a city in Palm Beach County, Florida.
3. Like Miley Cyrus, she started off life as a child-star. Between the ages of 13 and 15, Ariana played Cat Valentine on Nickelodeon's Victorious.
4. She is the first female artist to have three songs in the top six of the chart at the same time. The last person to get three in the same region was Michael Jackson in 2009, shortly after his death.
5. She has a beagle-chihuahua mix called Toulouse. Ariana likes to dress him up in dinosaur costumes.
6. She thinks Justin Bieber is a gentleman. In an interview with Complex, Ariana described him as "really nice" and "super respectful". Nope, we don't get it either.
7. She loves the 1950s. Ariana regularly steps out in full skirts and high ponytails and her lyrics are just as retro. In her song 'Tattooed Heart', she talks about "going steady." We haven't heard that in a while.
8. She believes in ghosts. When asked by Complex, about paranormal activity she replied, "We'd be so stupid to believe we are the only people here."
9. She doesn't take herself too seriously. When she made an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! the petite singer did so in a chicken suit. "I am the first in line to make a fool out of myself," she later told Teen Vogue.
More of the new Mariah below:
More:Have You Seen?
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more