A mysterious millionaire is offering $30m, just over £18m, for information on what happened to Malaysian Airlines flight MH17.
According to a recent investigation into the disaster that killed 298 people, the passenger jet broke apart over Ukraine in July due to "large number of high-energy objects" from outside the aircraft, killing all 283 passenger and 15 crew on board.
Supporting earlier assertions that the plane was hit by a missile, most likely by pro-Russian separatists, the report found there was "no indications that the MH17 crash was caused by a technical fault or by actions of the crew".
Now, an advert on a German private investigation agency website is offering anyone with more detailed information a hefty reward.
It is unknown who is offering the huge amount of cash, but the Wifka investigation agency said its anonymous client had already deposited $30m in a Swiss bank in Zurich.
“Everyone can be bought, it’s just a question of the price,” Josef Resch of Wifka said to Germany’s Capital magazine.
Just in case you want to become a millionaire, this is what they want to know:
After the terrible assassination or "accident" all political parties, at home and abroad, said they owed it to the victims, their families and the public to clarify the circumstances of the crash and present evidence for what happened. None of this has yet been done.Suggest a correction
Wifka wants to know:
– Who shot down MH17 on July 17?
– Who gave the order?
– Who covers up the shoot down? (Also, if it was by accident and not out of political, economic or military motivation)
– Who can provide details on the circumstances that led to the shoot down?
– Who was directly involved with the shoot down?
– What happened to the people that were involved with the shoot down? What happened to the weapon used?
– Who can name the people that cleared the shoot down?