George Clooney is officially engaged to Amal Alamuddin. But before you go weep into a pillow while watching seriously old episodes of ER, you've got to get to know this lady.
She's so bloody clever, gorgeous and brilliant, it's no wonder "eternal bachelor" George got down on one knee...
1. She's a successful lawyer. Amal is not part of the same showbiz world as George, having chosen to pursue a career in law. The 36-year-old works at Doughty Street Chambers in London and is focused on humanitarian cases.
2. She studied at Oxford University. St Hugh's College to be precise, before going on to pass the New York Bar in 2002 and the Bar Of England and Wales in 2010.
3. She's multilingual. As well having English as her first language, Amal is also fluent in French and Arabic.
4. She works for Julian Assange. The lawyer is the current legal counsel for the controversial Wikileaks founder who has been living at the Ecuadorian embassy in London since 2012.
5. She's a published author. Amal has contributed chapters to books about international law in addition to writing many articles on the subject. In addition, she is also currently working on a book about law in Lebanon.
Want to know more about her engagement to George? Get all the details here.
Still curious? Watch our video on Amal and George to find out how they met in the first place...