These easy to make Halloween cakes are a fun way to sneak in a portion of veg. The recipe is also incredibly easy to follow and little hands will love helping to mix and decorate.
Recipe from Stork.
175g golden caster sugar
300g self raising flour, sieved
3 medium eggs
5 tbsp of milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g cooked pumpkin or butternut squash, mashed
50g chocolate and hazelnut spread
Zest of 1 orange
115g icing sugar
A little orange juice
55g (2 oz) plain chocolate, melted or use chocolate and hazelnut spread
Liquorice sweets and laces to decorate
1. Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray and preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C (fan assisted), gas mark 6.
2. Place the Stork, sugar, flour, eggs, milk and baking powder into a bowl, and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
3. Stir in the pumpkin mash and orange zest and divide half the mixture evenly between the paper cases. Add a half teaspoon of chocolate spread and then top with remaining mix.
4. Bake in your pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Add a little orange juice to the icing sugar and mix until thick. Spread over the cakes when then are cool.
6. Pipe the melted chocolate in four circles over the top and then drag a skewer through to give the cobweb effect. Place the sweets and laces on top to look like a spider.