Ingredients:150g butter, softened75g caster sugar2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract225g plain flourDr. Oetker Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing VanillaDr. Oetker Writing Icing BrightsInstructions:1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4). Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
A classic biscuit recipe with a spooky twist for Halloween parties. If you're in a rush, you can follow the icing instructions on bought gingerbread men.
Recipe from Dr. Oetker.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until creamy and well blended. Sift the flour on top and carefully mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Using your hands, bring the mixture together to form a firm dough.
3. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Divide the mixture in half. Working with one half of the dough at a time (the mixture will be quite short) roll out to a thickness of 1/2cm (1/4inch). Using a 13 x 10cm (5 ¼ x 4inch) gingerbread man cutter, stamp out four shapes, re-rolling the dough as necessary. Roll out the other half of dough, with the trimmings, in the same way, and cut out a further four shapes.
4. Transfer the figures to a baking tray, prick lightly with a fork and chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
5. Bake in the oven for about 18 minutes until firm and lightly golden. Cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. To decorate, follow the instructions on the can of Easy Swirl and fit the flat, serrated-edge ribbon nozzle. Pipe backwards and forwards across each figure to resemble loosely fitting bandages, leaving a space for the eyes and mouth. Use the Writing Icing to pipe on the features.
6. Once you've decorated all the mummies, they are ready to serve and enjoy!