As long as you have all your equipment ready and decorations within reach it's pretty straight forward.
They make lovely little festive gifts, look fab on a school Christmas Fair cake stall or on the table at a party.
18 cake pop sticks
fondant icing in black and white
200g dark chocolate
18 mini m+ms in brown and red
1. Twist each marshmallow onto the top of a cake pop stick until firmly in place.
2. Make the reindeer eyes by rolling out the white fondant icing until about 3mm thickness and stamping out 16 pairs of small circles shapes. You can use the end of a clean pen top as a cutter.
3. Roll out the black icing to the same thickness then cut into a few thin strips, again about 3mm, and then cut into tiny squares. Roll between your fingers to create little balls and then stick in the middle of each white circle pressing down with your finger.
4. Lay out a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and dot the pretzels around the edges.
5. Break the chocolate into chunks, place in a microwavable bowl and melt in short 30 second bursts in the microwave until liquid, stirring regularly. Allow to cool a little, but make sure it's still dippable.
6. Dip each marshmallow into the chocolate, twisting to fully coat and tap gently on the side of the bowl to allow any excess to drop off. Set the bowl of melted chocolate to one side as you need it again later.
7. Stick a mini m+m on for a nose and then place the coated marshmallows on top of each pretzel, allowing the two loops to be visible so they look like antlers.
8. Pop the tray in the fridge to set for 30-40 minutes. Take out and stick each pop into a block of florists oasis so they're upright.
9. Melt the leftover chocolate for 30 seconds and then dip a clean brush in and dot a small amount of melted chocolate onto each eye to stick them on top of each pop.
10. To give as gifts, wrap the head of each pop with a little cellophane securing with a ribbon. To serve at a party wrap some florists' oasis in Christmas paper and stick the pops in.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more