Hate traditional Christmas cake? This clementine wreath recipe from What Kate Baked is just as festive and thanks to the jewel-coloured decorations, it looks even more impressive. Here's what you'll need along with Kate's baking tips:
150ml natural yogurt
3 beaten eggs
150g Vanilla infused Sugar
140g self- raising flour
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Zest of 2 clementines
175g unsalted butter, melted
For the icing:
200g icing sugar, sifted
Approximately 75mls juice from an orange
2 tsps orange zest
50g dried cranberries
50g shelled pistachios
1 tsp orange zest
1. Grease and line a nine inch bundt or ring tin and preheat the oven to 190C/Fan 170C/Gas Mark 5.
2. In a bowl mix together the yogurt and beaten eggs.
3. Pop the sugar, flours, baking powder and zest into a large bowl, mix well with a wooden spoon and make a well in the centre. Add the yogurty mix and nicely melted butter and fold together.
4. Spoon the mixture, which will be quite liquidy, into the bundt tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and golden in colour.
5. Cool on a wire rack.
6. To make the icing: place the icing sugar and zest in a large bowl. Gradually stir in the juice until you reach a nice thick, glossy icing.
7. Spoon the icing onto the cakes and decorate with the cranberries, pistachios and grate over the final teaspoon of zest.
Caught the baking bug?
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more