A group of mischievous children learned the hard way that fireworks and a sewer full of methane gas most definitely don't mix!
The boys were playing out in the street in China when they decided to throw a firecracker down a manhole, as you do.
But they got more than they bargained for when the firework lit the explosive gases – and sent them flying through the air.
The astonishing incident was captured on film and uploaded to YouTube where it's been viewed thousands of times.
It shows the children loitering around a concrete area before one has the bright idea of dropping a firecracker into the manhole.
As it lands in the sewer, it ignites gas, causing an almighty explosion which covers the entire area in a huge plume of smoke.
The blast even blows a hole in the floor, swallowing one of the young boys and surely teaching him and his friends a lesson.
Shocked adults quickly appeared at the scene and dusted the boys down. It appears that none of them was seriously injured in the explosion.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW PARENTS
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more