Winning an Oscar is the absolute pinnacle of achievement for any actor - recognition for your life's work from the most prestigious body of judges in the industry.
Which must make it all the more galling when you're nominated but don't win.
So spare a thought for the poor thespians who have missed out multiple times.
The list of the biggest losers is topped by Peter O'Toole, nominated a huge eight times and not winning it once despite his stunning roles in 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'Goodbye Mr Chips' and 'My Favourite Year'.
There was some consolation when O'Toole was given an Honorary Academy Award in 2003 - but it's not the same really, is it?
And how on Earth can Leonardo DiCaprio - often touted as the most talented actor of his generation - still not have one under his belt?!
Here are the rest...
- Oscars 2015: Full Academy Awards Nominations List
- The Oscar Winners Might Not Be Who You Think...
- The Oscars Goody Bags Contain Something Very, Very Weird
- 31 Stunning Vintage Photos From Oscars Past
- 21 Things That Are Guaranteed To Happen At The Oscars
- We're Loving These Honest Oscar Movie Posters
- 13 Things You Didn't Know About The Oscars
- 11 Stars Who Have Surprisingly Never Won An Oscar
- Worst Dressed Oscars Red Carpet Stars Ever
- Top Ten Most Cringeworthy Academy Award Winner Speeches (VIDEO)
- Oscars 2014: The Academy Awards By Numbers