It's simple, cheap and easy-to-make but best of all, it tastes amazing. If you're feeling really peckish, serve with toast on the side.
225g of macaroni
180g cheddar cheese, grated
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 tin of Campbell's condensed tomato soup
Salt and pepper
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add half teaspoon of salt, macaroni and chopped onion. Leave for 8-10 minutes.
2. When the macaroni is cooked, drain and put back into the pan.
3. Add soup, 150 grams of cheese and ground black pepper.
4. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
5. Put into an oven proof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and arrange slices of tomato.
6. Top with freshly ground black pepper and either put under the grill or in a preheated oven at 180C until the cheese topping starts to bubble and turn golden.