Max Factor recently made Marilyn Monroe the new face of the brand, 53 years after her death. So, who better to celebrate the appointment of the glamour ambassador than blonde bombshell of the moment, Candice Swanepoel?
The South African supermodel and Victoria's Secret Angel has been given a Marilyn-inspired makeover by Max Factor's Global Creative Design Director Pat McGrath.
The look? Monroe's favourite ruby red lip colour, winged eyeliner, full lashes and curled blonde hair. Of course, Candice's transformation wouldn't be complete without the white halter-neck dress, a replica of the design worn by Marilyn in The Seven Year Itch.
Inspired to embrace your inner Hollywood siren? Follow McGrath's tips on how to master this iconic beauty look below:
1. Apply foundation with a brush around the t-zone then use the warmth of your fingertips to smooth the foundation into the face. Use a smaller brush to layer up and perfect any imperfections.
2. Apply black eyeliner at the top lash line and subtly winged at the outer corner.
3. Exaggerate lashes with two coats of mascara, combing through from root to tip of the lashes to instantly separate and build volume.
4. Frame eyes with high, elegantly arched brows like Marilyn's. McGrath used Max Factor's Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel.
5. Kick start siren red lips by outlining with lip liner.
6. Follow up with your favourite red lipstick. McGrath used Max Factor's Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday on the lip line, across the lips and also on the inner parts. The look was finished with a slick of Colour Elixir Gloss in Polished Fuschia to emphasise the idea of high octane glamour.
Candice isn't the only star who's channeled Marilyn...
Love vintage hairstyles?