ENTERTAINMENT

Sandra Bullock's Terrifying Emergency Call To Police After Stalker Breaks Into Home Played Out In Court (VIDEO)

10/04/2015 07:51 BST | Updated 10/04/2015 11:59 BST

The terrifying moment Sandra Bullock was forced to hide in a wardrobe and call police after an intruder broke into her home has been played out in court in the US.

READ MORE:

A recording of a 15 minute emergency call the Oscar-winning actress made after she spotted an unknown man break into her LA home was heard by the court on Thursday.

In the recording, the panicked actress can be heard telling the operator: “Someone has broken into my house. I'm hiding in the closet.”

sandra bullock

Sandra Bullock

The actress then goes onto reveal she'd locked herself in a bedroom closet following the incident at 6.30am on 8 June 8 2014.

“I'm locked in my closet. I have a safe door in my bedroom, and I've locked it, and I'm locked in the closet right now,” she said.

She goes on to explain that she had security cameras around her home, but wasn’t sure where the break in occurred.

“I couldn't hear what door it was. It was just a loud, loud crash,” she explains.

Listen to the recording in the video above...

Joshua Corbett, who appeared in court on Thursday, has been charged with stalking the actress and breaking into the actress’ home last year.

A police officer has testified that 39-year-old Corbett was holding a two-page letter to the star and a black notebook along with magazine photos of her when he was arrested by police.

Police Officer Jose Bermudez testified. “He said, ‘I'm sorry. I love you Sandy.’”

Three days before Corbett was arrested inside the actress’s home, he was seen on security footage outside the property gates.

In notes written about the star, Corbett referred to the actress as his wife and declared his love for her.

Following the break-in, Sandra is set to move back to Texas, where she previously lived with her infant son Louis.

“Finding out Corbett had a machine gun filled Sandra with dread. She wants out – now,” a source told the National Enquirer.

“Sandra couldn’t believe the guy was able to get into her house. She has 12-foot-high fences topped by barbed wire and state-of-the-art surveillance.”

The actress is not expected to testify at the preliminary hearing, where a judge will determine if there is enough evidence for a trial.

Corbett has pleaded not guilty to all charges brought against him including having a heavy arsenal of illegal weapons including machine guns that were allegedly found at his home.

Sandra Bullock

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW US ON TWITTER