Achieving calm in the eye of a storm usually takes some serious mental power and even then, it's not always possible.
Well a new gadget Thync, which launches today, claims it can zap your brain into making you feel more peaceful or energetic in minutes.
The Star Trek esque device is a simple white triangle that works with an app on your phone.
You then have to choose a connecting strip based on whether you want to feel energised or calm.
The app gives you the option of choosing between the two different modes and once you've selected your desired mood, you can get zapping.
Underlying all this zap action is the science of neurosignaling which involves using energy waves to influence the actions of receptors and neural structures in the brain.
Thync's calm and energised modes work on two different parts of the nervous system -- the sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions that regulate the body for action or tranquility respectively.
- Mind Weapons: Neuroscience Advances Could Let Soldiers Fly Drones With Their Thoughts
- Avoiding Hibernation Mode by Putting Neuroscience to Work
- Scientists Discover 'Reset' Button For Brain's Biological Clock
- Neuroscience Shows It's Possible Brian Williams Really Could Have Misremembered
- Brain Scans Show We Make Snap Judgments About Trusting Strangers
The firm's scientific explanations for how Thync works is limited and given its novelty a few have commented on the safety of zapping your brain.
If you're willing to be a guinea pig or just curious, Thync costs a not-that-cheap $299 (£192) and if that is stressing you out then we'd recommend yoga, or a long walk.