The nation fell silent at midday to remember the British holidaymakers who were gunned down in the Tunisian terror attack last week.
The mark of remembrance comes as the government confirmed that of the 38 victims of last Friday's massacre, 30 of them were British.
Flags were flown at half-mast over Whitehall and Buckingham Palace as a mark of respect for those murdered in the mass shooting.
Article continues below slideshow:
Gunman Seifeddine Rezgui targeted holidaymakers when he opened fire at a beach resort in Sousse. He also took the lives of three Irish nationals, two Germans, and victims from Belgium, Portugal and a Russia.
Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond confirmed: "We now have all 30 British victims positively identified and we can say with a high degree of confidence that is now the final death toll of British nationals killed in this incident."
The bodies of the nine remaining British victims of the attack were flown in to the UK yesterday.
On Friday, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh observed the silence as they visited the University of Strathclyde's Technology and Innovation Centre, while Prime Minister David Cameron marked the moment in his Oxfordshire constituency.
Play stopped at Wimbledon as players, staff and crowds reflected on the atrocity.
Moving images show fans rising to their feet on Murray Mound as a mark of respect.
This is what we know about the victims of the terror attacks:
Joel Richards, Adrian Evans and Patrick Evans
The youngest victim of the attack was 19-year-old Joel Richards, who was killed alongside his uncle Adrian Evans and his grandfather Patrick Evans.
As Joel's body was returned to the UK, his mother spoke of her heartbreak. She said: "We are a very small and normal family, but nothing will ever be normal again.
"My son Joel, dad Pat and brother Adrian were our rocks and we are all heartbroken and devastated and will never get over losing them."
Trudy Jones, of Blackwood in Gwent, south Wales, was described by her family as "our beautiful mother". Ms Jones was a 51-year-old divorced single mother-of-four and had been on holiday with her friends.
In a statement released through Gwent Police, her family said: "She'll be missed by so many people. She was the rock of our family and kept us all going. None of us have a clue how we're going to cope without her.
"We are all devastated and would appreciate if everyone can respect our privacy. Please leave us to grieve our beautiful mother."
Bruce Wilkinson, 72, from Goole, East Yorkshire, was among the dead. His family said in a statement: "Bruce was a loving family man, and in his working life worked to support the care of others. He was a kind and compassionate man, with a dry sense of humour. He was fun-loving, and will be deeply missed by friends and family alike."
Lisa Burbidge, a grandmother from Whickham, Gateshead. Ms Burbidge's family called her the "most beautiful, amazing, caring and gentle person in our lives".
Carly Lovett, 24, a fashion blogger from Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, reportedly survived the massacre on the beach only to die when a grenade was thrown into her hotel.
Chris Dyer was killed as he and his wife fled from the gunman. His wife, Gina Van Dort, reportedly clung to her husband's body in the moments following the attack.
She has been left with serious facial injuries and is one of the victims who has been flown in to the UK for treatment.
Denis and Elaine Thwaites
Former Birmingham City Football Club player Denis Thwaites and his wife Elaine are reported to have been killed in the attack. The family of the couple, from Blackpool, Lancashire, appealed for information about their whereabouts.
Birmingham City FC said: "We are deeply shocked and saddened by the death of former player Denis Thwaites and his wife Elaine in the Tunisian terrorist attack.
"Our thoughts are with Denis' family. The club also offers its condolences to all who are mourning loved ones due to this atrocity."
Philip Heathcote, 52, flew to Tunisia with his wife to celebrate their wedding anniversary.
His wife, Allison Heathcote, 48, is in an induced coma after also being shot while on the beach at Sousse and her family has flown out to be with her.
Engineer Stephen Mellor, from Bodmin in Cornwall, was killed as he shielded his wife Cheryl on the beach. She told the Mirror: "I was screaming at people to check him and someone looked and they said he had no pulse. They said he was gone."
Sue Davey and Scott Chalkley
Couple Sue Davey and Scott Chalkley were on holiday together in Sousse when they were killed. Their children confirmed their deaths.
Claire Windass from Hull was reported to have been on holiday with her husband Jim, who is understood to have survived the attack.
Karl Turner, MP for East Hull tweeted: "So sorry Claire Windass from Hull was killed in Tunisia terrorist attack. My thoughts with family & friends. RIP."
Jim and Ann McQuire
Jim and Ann McQuire, from Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, were shot down by the gunman.
The couple's minister from Cumbernauld Abronhill Church of Scotland said they had a close family and would be sorely missed.
Mr McQuire was a captain in the Boys' Brigade and a number of tributes were posted on social media on behalf of other brigades.
Stuart Cullen, 52, from the Lowestoft area of Suffolk, is believed to have died instantly. His wife, who was with him, was injured but survived and has returned to the UK.
John Stollery, a social worker from North Notts, is the latest victim of the Tunisian terrorist attacks to be named.
The 58-year-old was on holiday with his wife Cheryl and their son. His wife tribute to him, saying: “John was special, he made a difference and gave his best to others.”
“We, his family, are proud of him and deeply saddened that he was taken from us in such a horrific and tragic way.
“We still had a long life to life with plans and dreams for our future together.
“We love and miss him terribly and nothing will ever be the same again. He was a super husband and my best friend and a devoted dad to our son.
“He will remain in our hearts and in our memory forever.”
Christopher and Sharon Bell
Christopher and Sharon Bell were from Leeds, and their family issued a statement saying: "We are deeply saddened by the loss of both mum Sharon and dad Christopher who were taken from us during the terrorist attacks in Tunisia."
The family said they had very little information about the circumstances of the couple's death but were "working with the authorities to gather as much information as possible".
Janet and John Stocker
Grandparents Janet and John Stocker, from Crawley, died in the attack.
In a statement issued through the Foreign Office, the family said: "Mum and dad were the happiest, most loving couple who enjoyed life's simple pleasures as well as the pleasures and love of their extensive family and their many friends, but most of all they were still very much in love with each other.
"They were both young at heart and enjoyed all that life could offer, and especially enjoyed travelling to new places, exploring and appreciating local cultures, and they died together doing what they enjoyed most; sunbathing side by side."
William and Lisa Graham
Husband and wife William Graham, 51, and Lisa Graham, 50, were killed in the shooting.
Mr Graham worked as a turnstile operator on match days at St Johnstone FC's McDiarmid Park.
In a statement, Saints' chairman Steve Brown said: "This is terrible news and our thoughts go out to the whole family at this time.
"Billy was part of the St Johnstone family and a great ambassador for the club who always did his job with a smile on his face."
John Welch and Eileen Swannack
John Welch, 74, and his partner Eileen Swannack, from Wiltshire were also killed in the attacks.
It has been reported that they were very fond of Tunisia, and visited the country often.
David Thompson, from Hampshire, was descirbed as a "wonderful man", his friends and neighbours told the BBC.
The 80-year-old was a retired Atomic Weapons Establishment scientist.
Angie and Ray Fisher
Angie, 69, and Ray Fisher, 75, were from Leicester. They have been confirmed as having died in the attacks.
The Tunisian government said that it had arrested 12 suspects in connection with the beach massacre.
According to Tunisian officials, the gunman trained at a Libyan jihadist camp at the same time as the two gunmen who attacked the Bardo museum in Tunis in March, killing 22 people.
SEE ALSOSuggest a correction
- Three Generations Of The Same Family Killed In Tunisia
- Injured Britons Caught In Tunisia Attack Arrive Back In UK
- Chilling Footage Reveals Armed Tunisian Gunman Sprinting Up Deserted Beach After Massacre
- Tunisia Beach Massacre Claims Five Britons, Officials Confirm, As Gunman Pictured Stalking The Streets
- Terror Link Investigated After More Than Sixty Killed In Attacks In Tunisia, France And Kuwait
- French Terrorist Attack Sees Two Arrested After Man Decapitated In Saint-Quentin-Fallavier
- 37 Dead In Terror Attacks On Tourist Hotels In Tunisia, Sousse
- Kuwait Mosque Attack Kills At Least 25 And Injuries Several Hundred, Islamic State Claims Responsibility