- Zayn Malik Just Sent Twitter Into Meltdown With One Tweet
- Zayn Malik's 22 Greatest Fashion Moments
- Zayn Lashes Out At Naughty Boy Over Leaked Video Fiasco
The 22-year-old, who left 1D earlier this year, took to Twitter to share the news with his fans on Wednesday evening, saying that he was looking forward to releasing some ‘real music’.
"I guess I never explained why I left , it was for this moment to be given the opportunity to show you who i really am! #realmusic #RCA !! ... #REALME (sic)"
After a dig like that, we’re not too surprised that Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan have yet to send their congrats.
However, Zayn's former boss Simon Cowell was quick to take to Twitter to congratulate the star.
"We have been working on this for a while and I am pleased to say congratulations to @Zaynmalik on signing with @RCARecords," he tweeted.
"I believe they are the perfect label for @ZaynMalik’s solo career and I am sure whatever they release together will be special."
I believe they are the perfect label for @ZaynMalik’s solo career and I am sure whatever they release together will be special.— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) July 29, 2015
It was recently revealed that Simon had dropped Zayn from his Syco record label, which he was signed to as a member of One Direction.
A source told The Sun at the time: "It's a big move for Simon because Zayn could have a very successful solo career but his priority absolutely remains the band and this is a big statement on his part.
"Simon has set up a deal that suits Zayn and One Direction. Zayn will stay in the Sony family under different label and it's totally with Simon Cowell's blessing.”
Zayn’s solo deal follows reports that he’s been in the studio with Frank Ocean's producer, Malay.
The pair have been working together in Los Angeles for the past week on tracks for his debut solo album.
A music insider told The Sun newspaper: "Malay is a hugely successful producer and is well respected within the industry too.”
We can't wait to hear the results!