- The 2015 John Lewis Christmas Ad Is FINALLY Here!
- Everything You Need To Know About The Voice Behind The John Lewis Christmas Ad
- Which John Lewis Christmas Ad Is The Best EVER?
- John Lewis, The Man, Goes Through Hell This Time Every Year
- This Is The Real Message Behind All Christmas Adverts
- BLOG: John Lewis Will Make Millions From Your Tears This Year, But That's Ok
This is the second year in a row that the much-anticipated commercial has had its first play during the Channel 4 show, with Monty The Penguin also waddling his way into our life in the middle of a ‘Gogglebox’ episode last November.
The department store’s latest festive effort uses a cover of Oasis’s ‘Half The World Away’, performed by Swedish singer/songwriter Aurora, who follows in the footsteps of Ellie Goulding, Lily Allen and Gabrielle Aplin by having her song feature in the coveted advert.
In a collaboration with Age UK, the retailer’s emotional new advert tells the story of an elderly man living on the moon, who makes an unexpected connection with a little girl on Earth.
The ad has already been lauded on social media, after making its debut online on Friday morning, with viewers praising its tear-jerking theme of loneliness among the elderly, as well as its overall message of “showing someone they’re loved at Christmas”.
Last year’s penguin-themed advert was similarly critically lauded, and featured Brit Award-winner Tom Odell performing a cover of John Lennon’s ‘Real Love’.
You can watch the John Lewis’s #ManOnTheMoon Christmas advert for the first time on UK television, during Friday night’s ‘Gogglebox’, which airs at 9pm on Channel 4.