TECH

Girl Scarred For Life After iPhone Case Leaks Toxic Glitter On Her Leg

13/01/2016 14:47 GMT | Updated 13/01/2016 14:59 GMT

When you buy a phone case the general assumption is that it will do what it says on the tin, nothing more and nothing less.

Well one mother was left horrified when she discovered that her daughter's phone case wasn't as innocent as it looked after leaving her daughter scarred for life.

Please share this as much as possible this case is full of acid and if it cracks it will cause 3rd-2nd degree burns this...

Posted by Karly Retter on Friday, 8 January 2016

Nine-year old Olivia Retter bought the case from New Look. After reportedly sneaking her phone into her room she fell asleep. Having complained of leg ache throughout the night Karly Retter then inspected her daughter's leg in the morning and found an iPhone-shaped burn on her daughter's leg.

Taking Olivia to the doctors she discovered that her daughter had suffered a severe chemical burn from some toxic glitter which had leaked out of the case.

SEE ALSO:

Mrs Retter said: "There wasn't a safety warning or anything at all on the case itself - nothing which warns you what was inside is a chemical which can cause serious burns.

"Imagine if it had leaked when Olivia was on the phone or holding it to her face - it could have gone on her face or her eyes."

New Look are reportedly looking into the incident and have pulled the iPhone case from shelves.