Adele made her triumphant return to the Brit Awards on Wednesday night (24 February), and four years on from her already-iconic ‘Someone Like You’ performance, she clearly still knows how to get us blubbing away in front of the telly.
- 15 Moments That Defined The Brit Awards
- The Worst Dressed Stars To Ever Walk The Brits Red Carpet
- The 18 Best Brit Awards Performances EVER
- 14 Most Surprising Brit Awards Winners
- 15 Photos From The '96 Brits Guaranteed To Give You A Nostalgia Kick
After a successful past few months, which has seen her top the charts all over the world with her third album ‘25’ (perhaps you’ve heard of it?), she returned to the Brits stage to perform her new single, ‘When We Were Young’.
And yes, we cried. A lot.
The stripped-back performance fit perfectly with the melancholic lyrics of the song, although she did take a minute to jovially remark to the Brits school students in the audience: “You lot remind me of when I was young!”
Adele performs 'When We Were Young'
Performance aside, Adele was undeniably one of the biggest talking-points of this year’s Brits, scooping three of the four awards she was nominated for, as well as the Global Success prize, thanks to the monster smash her most recent musical output turned out to be.
Each of her acceptance speeches turned out to be memorable for a different reason, first off using the opportunity to publicly voice her support for Kesha, following the ‘TiK ToK’ singer’s recent legal troubles.
Second time around, she gave a special message to Tim Peake, who introduced her to the stage, joking: “I hope you’re not too hungry up there!”
For her third appearance on stage, Adele was visibly crying, with the sound for her acceptance speech quickly being cut when she dropped the f-bomb live on TV.
Check out all the red carpet snaps from this year’s Brit Awards in the gallery below...
MORE FROM THE BRIT AWARDS:
- See All The Stars Arrive On The Brits Red Carpet
- Here's A Full List Of The 2016 Brits Winners
- Kylie's Brits Appearance Was Special For Two Huge Reasons
- Cheryl Looked All Sorts Of Amazing On The Brits Red Carpet
- Oops! 'TOWIE' Star And Presenter Maya Sport Matching Brits Outfits
- Fleur East Has Got A New Rihanna-Inspired ‘Fro, And We Are Into It
- Susanna Reid Takes Inspiration From Jessica Rabbit At The Brits
- Rihanna Slays In Barely-There Dress On Brits Red Carpet
- Adele Was A Lady In Red At The 2016 Brit Awards
- Little Mix Give Us Golden Goddess Vibes At Brit Awards
- Adele Makes A Bold Statement During Brit Awards Speech
- Awks! Ant And Dec Interrupted By Unexpected Guest During Brits Link
- Lorde Has Us In Tears With Her David Bowie Brits Tribute
- Rihanna And Drake Get Steamy During Brits Performance
- Little Mix Totally SMASHED It With Debut Brits Performance
- Adele's Brits Performance Was, Of Course, Glorious
- Adele Censored During Brits Speech, But ITV Forget To Bleep Her Actually Swearing
- Craig David Speaks Out On Brits Diversity Row
Also on HuffPost:
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more