THE BLOG

Scotland's Stars on 45

22/09/2014 00:40 BST | Updated 21/11/2014 10:59 GMT

I don't really think 45% wanting the union to end is really a renewal. And with the other 55% mostly being close to exiting in the next 20 years if things don't get better for normal people what do you think may happen?

By the way, it's neither here nor there, but I don't think one can consider a 55%-45% result a resounding victory/defeat. More of a resounding warning to Westminster.

I expected the majority of Glasgow to vote they way the did: there is a strong connection between taking for granted the benefits some people take, being unruly and never happy and blaming others for their misfortunes. No wonder the decent Glaswegians want to take their businesses somewhere else. I hope though more opportunities will be created there in the near future.

I hope that what comes of this is that the normal people that campaigned so hard for change continue to make a more fair and just society for everyone.

It would have been a much bigger statement as to the dissatisfaction of current foreign and UK policy had there been a YES vote however what has happened is still hopefully significant and provides a real chance for change.

Alex Salmond has much to be proud of today. But inevitably the struggle for independence will continue under new leadership (not just within the SNP). The Yes vote was impressive and the case for independence compellingly made. The Scottish referendum has ignited a debate through out these islands about the nature of democracy which suggests it is possible for the four nations who share these islands to build a new relationship built on equality and respect rather than on a dominance centred on London and southern England.

The political assassination by the mainstream media has been truly eye opening. The political landscape has changed forever in Scotland, and not in Westminster's favour.

There wouldn't have been a referendum if it hadn't been for Alex Salmond. He transformed his party into the natural party of government. He was most definitely the right man for the job. No one would have forecast 45% Yes a couple of months ago.

Salmond has achieved much and did it with dignity that we haven't expected from our politicians for a long while. In my mind, ever the player, I think he's stepped down now as the debate begins how Westminster will actually implement some of the wild promises it made to ensure a No vote. I think history may see this as a pyrrhic victory for Westminster with Scotland having the last laugh.

Social media is already alive and dangerous, as more and more Scots who have been galvanised by the referendum, are going to keep up the need for change. They have stood up, and they will be counted.

Because they realise Westminster promised us something they will never deliver and 2million people bought into it, and more and more of the 55% will realise that as well.

I have talked to No voters and what's surprised me, is that all of them now expect Westminster to deliver on their promises. If they don't as one taxi driver told me, their will be a major backlash in Scotland to the three main political parties. And I can see that happening.

It really is not over. Contrary to belief, we aren't all nationalist nutters shouting freedom from the rooftops. A lot of people in Scotland really are looking for changes to the ways our country functions. People up there really do feel like the voices of the voiceless have just been heard. It's been an amazing campaign with a lot of discussion (friendly and otherwise), and a lot of learning. It's been brilliant. And that feeling does NOT just die over night.