WANTED - Great Britain's Heroes - show your appreciation!
It is said that the UK Armed Forces are the 4th emergency service and they are often called upon in the face of national and international emergencies such as flooding, earthquakes or even a security shortage at the London 2012 Olympics.
The Sun newspaper's - The Millies are back and they are looking for lads and lasses to be recognised for their efforts in their fantastic gala ceremony, The Millies, supported by Royals and celebrities. This is your opportunity to nominate your own hero or heroine so their enduring and selfless service to our country can be acknowledged.
Don't delay - NOMINATE TODAY!
- To recognise a serviceman or woman who has suffered severe injury or illness, and has overcome their difficulties with fortitude.
OUTSTANDING SAILOR OR MARINE
- For the individual who has made the most outstanding contribution to the Royal Navy or Royal Marines over the past year.
-To recognise the individual who has made the most outstanding contribution to the Army during the past year.
- For the individual who has made the most outstanding contribution to the Royal Air Force over the past year.
- For a reservist of any rank or service who has made the most outstanding contribution to any Armed Forces endeavour.
SUPPORT TO THE ARMED FORCES
- For a civilian -- a civil servant, contractor, charity worker or member of the public -- who has given exceptional help to the Forces.
- For an individual or a group -- whether a medical professional or not -- who has performed an extraordinary lifesaving act.
- Individual or group who have performed an act of true grit -- through courage, determination or self-sacrifice -- while in the UK or abroad.
- The winner can be a unit of any size that has excelled consistently, for example with achievements on an operational deployment.
JUDGES' SPECIAL AWARD
- The judges' personal gift -- NOT a public vote -- for outstanding service by an individual or group not recognised elsewhere.
Nominations are now open and will close on Monday September 3, 2012.
Nominate here: The Sun newspaper nomination form
Please include the category, name, rank and initials of nominee (if individual), their unit, why the person or unit is being nominated (up to 300 words), your name, phone number and relationship to nominee. Please include as much accurate information as possible to give your nominee the best chance.