ENTERTAINMENT

Ant And Dec Sign New Three-Year Deal With ITV, Including More Series Of 'I'm A Celebrity'

Thank goodness for that.

14/11/2016 17:12

Ant and Dec fans can breathe a sigh of relief, as they have signed a new three-year deal with ITV, ending speculation they would quit the broadcaster. 

The Geordie duo will now remain on the channel on an exclusive basis until at least 2019. 

The terms of their contract also includes further series of their hit shows ‘I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!’, ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’. 

Ant and Dec said in a statement: “We are absolutely delighted to be extending our relationship with ITV, to continue on the three shows we love as well as exploring further opportunities both in front of and behind the camera.

“This deal will take us past the 20-year mark with ITV and we couldn’t be happier.”

The duo sparked rumours they may leave ITV to join Amazon Prime or Netflix earlier this year, when they said they were unsure about returning to ‘Britain’s Got Talent’. 

It was then reported the broadcaster had offered them a whopping £30m to stay

ITV
The pair are currently back on screen with a new series of 'I'm A Celebrity'

Ant and Dec, who shot to fame as teenagers on the children’s show ‘Byker Grove’, joined ITV in 1998, presenting ‘SM:tv Live’ and ‘CD:UK’.

They have been under a ‘golden handcuffs’ deal since 2000, and have won numerous awards including a record-breaking 30 National Television Awards, including the gong for Most Popular Entertainment Presenter for 15 consecutive years.

Ant and Dec Through The Years
Suggest a correction
Comments

CONVERSATIONS