One minute it's all dinner dates and dick pics via Whatsapp, the next he's asking to meet you in a Harvester car park to tell you it isn't working out and FYI can he have his trainers back?
Even if you haven't recently gone through a relationship break-up, some of us can still relate via one recent referendum that sees us one European Union down. Over 16 million of us are heartbroken.
So like all good friends, we've prepared a mixtape to get you through these darkest hours. And remind you that time is the greatest healer.
And tea. All of the tea.
1. Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
2. Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To You
3 . Beyonce - Irreplaceable
4. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of
5. JoJo - Leave (Get Out)
6. Natalie - Torn
7. Coldplay - Fix You
8. Gabrielle - Rise
9. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
10. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
11 . Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
Pass the tissues.