If you’re not familiar with Reddit, the website which bills itself as “the front page of the internet” is a place where you can find... well basically anything.
But what about if you want all the latest on British far-right groups prone to embarrassing gaffs and ludicrous statements?
Searching for the Britain First subreddit gets you something a little different.
And then when you click...
It takes you to the Ukip subreddit.
It should be pointed out that the statement that Ukip is more racist that Britain First is fairly contentious.
For instance, Ukip has never...
- Desecrated the memory of Afghanistan’s fearless first female police officer.
- Protested against the Rotherham grooming scandal by flogging official merchandise.
- Backed Ukip and tricked members into posing for photographs with them forcing Nigel Farage to publicly distance his party from the group.
- Threatened to bury a pig at the site of a proposed mosque.
- Claimed a Ukip by-election victory as their own.
- Tricked the BBC’s Nick Robinson into posing for a photo with Jayda Fransen forcing him to deny he was a supporter.
- Blamed a terrorist attack on chocolate.
- Claimed Barack Obama is a Muslim.
- Launched an app which was absolutely slated online and later removed by Apple.
- Held a ‘Britannia Ball’ to which barely anyone showed up.
- Liked Facebook posts on their page calling for mosques to be blown up.
- Been totally owned by Jason Manford in an epic spat.
- Exploited children collecting for charity.
- Thrown one of our reporters out of their annual conference.
- Been banned from Luton for staging a “Christian patrol”.
- Repeatedly held protests outside the East London Mosque and called Allah a “false prophet”.
- Fallen for really obvious spoof news articles.
- Confused kids doing yoga with evidence of “Creeping Sharia”.
- Invaded a Halal slaughterhouse and accused workers of working for Satan.
But anyway, it’s quite amusing.
Suggested For You
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more